Skip to content

General

5 results found

1. Need an operation to clean all URL parameters before copying

Would be nice if there is an option to clean all URL parameters before copying

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should be easily achievable using existing standard variables. For example:

{protocol}://{host}{#port}:{port}{/port}{path}{#fragment}#{fragment}{/fragment}

For this reason, I don’t think it’s necessary to add a new operation just for this.

Thanks again for using Template and for providing great suggestions. Please keep them coming :)

2. options for checking conditions in URL and creating a custom URL after that

option for conditions in URL (would like to add a character at the end of the URL. I want to add 'x' if there is 'x' already use 'y' instead

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to pass parameters/arguments to template conditions. The current template language is deliberately simple in design and changing this would add much complexity. However, I do one day plan on adding support for an “advanced template language” eventually, but sadly I can’t give any ETA on this as there’s a lot I want to do to improve this extension first behind-the-scenes first.

I’m sorry that I can’t make this change for you but hopefully you understand.

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion and for using Template :)

3. Copy URL without QueryString

I've looked in to trying to do this with the existing tools but I cant quite figure it out. Is it possible to make a template that copies the URL without the QueryString? If not, it would be a welcome feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Modify "save links in selection"

Save links in selection: add to this a way to also capture the web page title along with each link. Results would then create a list of n# of links within the selection as

Source url / date stamp

Title url
    (empty line)
    Title url
    (empty line)
    Title url...

Identifying the SOURCE url from which the links were taken and date stamping each "bundle" of such links would also be helpful (as a first line of such a capture) if that were part of the instructions to the template script. It could be done manually of course, but the point…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. SubString function

Hi,

first let me thank you for the only chrome extension which offers so wide "web-clipboard" functinality. It's useful.
    However if you will think about new functionality, please consider string functions. I.e. I need to shorten title:

"User Story US5477: As tools software engineer, I want to ensure t... | Rally"
    ... to "US5477"

"Defect DE1327: iTest crashes on start, then it continues to work | Rally"
    ... to "DE1327"

"SubString(startIndex, length)" would solve my problem. Optionally "IndexOf(char value)" and "Length()" would make it perfect.

With best wishes,
    Robert Polomsky

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As I’ve stated in a previous comment; this is a great idea but cannot be implemented (or cleanly, at least) due to the syntax of template system (i.e. Mustache).

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base